The Outer Banks is truly a unique destination, and there are countless reasons why one chooses to vacation on the beautiful barrier islands. The Outer Banks offers something for everyone in the family. From the beautiful, sandy beaches that are great for swimming or seeing a scenic view of the sunrise to the historical sites, the Outer Banks is a great choice for your vacation. Read on to see some of the reasons why Outer Banks vacation rentals are so popular.
- From the northern beaches to Hatteras Island and Ocracoke beaches, every beach on the Outer Banks is unique. Visit the beaches for swimming, walking on the coast, surfing, skimming, and more. The beaches of the Outer Banks are beautiful sites and offer unique experiences, so enjoy the coastline while on your vacation.
- There are numerous opportunities to learn watersports on the Outer Banks. Join kayaking tours and see scenic views such as the beautiful waters, maritime forests, and wildlife. Rent a surfboard or take surfing lessons along the Atlantic Ocean. Go kiteboarding or wakeboarding on the sound while taking lessons from local professionals. You will have a great time learning these watersports along the Outer Banks.
- The Wright Brothers National Memorial in Kill Devil Hills is where you can go to learn about the first flights by Wilbur and Orville Wright. The Wright brothers came to Kitty Hawk for their flight experiments and achieved their dreams of successful flights. Learn about the first flight and the events surrounding this legacy by visiting the memorial.
- Roanoke Island is the site in which the English first tried to establish settlements in North America. The English created a second colony on Roanoke Island, but the settlers disappeared. There are speculations about what happened to the settlers, but we do not know exactly why they disappeared. Visit The Lost Colony on Roanoke Island to learn about these colonies, and see The Lost Colony, the oldest outdoor drama in the United States.
- The Outer Banks lighthouses are another reason why an Outer Banks vacation is a great choice for your family. For example, visit the Currituck Beach Lighthouse in Corolla while in Corolla vacation rentals to learn about the history behind these important sites.
- There are many more historic places you should plan on seeing while vacationing on the Outer Banks. These include the Chicamacomico Lifesaving Station, The Elizabethan Gardens, Jockey’s Ridge State Park, and Whalehead in Historic Corolla.
- The Outer Banks is home to a wide variety of restaurants. The fresh and local seafood is something you must try. Visit the famous restaurants throughout the Outer Banks to experience a diverse cuisine and unique seafood. The Outer Banks also provides many local shops for you to visit for unique arts and crafts, souvenirs, local clothing, and more.
- The Outer Banks hosts many special events, and there are events for all family members. From kite festivals and music festivals to sporting events and races, the Outer Banks has a variety of events available for you to join while on your Outer Banks vacation.
The Outer Banks is a great location to visit with your family and friends for a relaxing vacation. Stay in Outer Banks vacation rentals and experience one of the best vacation destinations in the world.